Sunday 20 August 2017

Lisbon Cardigan in The Knitter Issue 114

My trip to Lisbon, Portugal was so inspiring! I loved the tiled building facades in this beautiful city and I have designed my Lisbon Cardigan for The Knitter Magazine with these stunning tiles in mind.

Lisbon Cardigan by Emma Vining
Image from The Knitter Magazine
For this cardigan, I have designed an eight stitch by eight row repeat that is "tiled" over the cardigan. The different sections of the cardigan link together through using the same tiled design in different stitch techniques. The edges and borders are knitted in a single shade textured version. The fronts, back and sleeve cuffs are knitted in a two shade stranded version.

As you knit the cardigan, the background and foreground shades gradually change over. The middle part of the design has an interesting optical effect as the shades appear to merge. I love the way the straight lines appear curved!

Lisbon is knitted in Sirdar Extra Fine Merino Wool in DK weight in shades Riviera and Alabaster.

Lisbon Cardigan by Emma Vining
Image from The Knitter Magazine

Lisbon Cardigan by Emma Vining
Image from The Knitter Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment