Friday 10 October 2014

Kagome Jacket Pattern in the Knitter Magazine 77

My Kagome Jacket Pattern is in this month's Knitter Magazine! My copy of Issue 77 arrived today and I am delighted to see my Kagome Jacket design photographed so beautifully. The two shades of King Cole Riot Chunky yarn look great together in the geometric intarsia motif.

Kagome Jacket copyright Emma Vining
Image from the Knitter Magazine Issue 77
Kagome Jacket copyright Emma Vining
Image from the Knitter Magazine
Inspired by Sashiko, traditional Japanese quilting, this oversize, loose fitting cardigan is made in three pieces. It is knitted in King Cole Riot Chunky using the intarsia technique. The colour blending is achieved by using two different shades of this variegated yarn with some colours in common.

I am so pleased to see my pattern in print in the Knitter Magazine. My design was part of the UK Hand Knitting Association's Knitted Textile Awards, Open Category in 2013. It was commissioned by the Knitter Magazine last year after being seen in the UKHKA Exhibition at the Knitting and Stitching Shows at Alexandra Palace and in Harrogate. Unfortunately the original yarn has since been discontinued, but I am delighted with the new look with King Cole Riot Chunky yarn.



I am excited to say that I have a few more design mentions elsewhere in The Knitter Magazine 77.......

A photo of my hand warmer design for the lovely new Yarn company, Yarn Stories is on page 12.

Handwarmers by Emma Vining
Image by Yarn Stories for the Knitter Magazine
My Sugar Kelp Cable Sweater design from Issue 55 is featured in the "selection of the best cable projects" from the Knitter Magazine archives.
Sugar Kelp copyright Emma Vining
Image from the Knitter Magazine
.......and last, but definitely not least, my Devereux Sweater can be seen on the cover of Issue 75 in the "missed an issue?" section!

Image from The Knitter Magazine 77

No comments:

Post a Comment